From: Peggy

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001052921:47:54
Subject: Re: Re: Everyday Math-Be Careful

Our school system piloted Everyday Math over 8 years ago, officially "adopted" it 7 years ago and has recently "readopted" it. My sixth grader has gone through the entire program, and as a parent, I find it wonderful. As the 8th grade algebra teacher, I also find it to be a great program. I found that over the last 7 year adoption period, my algebra students were better prepared each year because they had been in the Everyday Math program longer. We have also seen our math scores on standardized tests improving each year. Our small system is very economically diverse with some schools having more than 50% of their students on free and reduced lunch while other schools have the children of professors and lawyers. All these small elementary schools meet in our one middle school, and all students seem to be prepared well.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/