From: Martha Fair

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004041622:47:52
Subject: Re: Re: Everyday Math-Be Careful

I am a parent of two elementary school children. They are in their third year of Everyday Math (spring, 2004). This program, in my opinion, does not provide a solid foundation upon which to build. The program does not teach children to calculate; rather, it emphasizes estimation. It introduces multiple methods to derive an answer, which creates confusion rather than clarity in the child's mind. The children have had very few word problems. I believe this program does more harm than good.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/