Q&A #2991

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Teaching basic math calculations

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Tony

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004022911:51:06
Subject: simplifying each division of fractions

Example: 3/8 divided by 1/8= or 1/2 divided by 3/4 These are some of the problems that are given to my 6th grader that she finds hard to understand. When she comes home she seems clueless about these and many other forms of math. How do i remember so far back, in my life about the resolution to these problems? please give me a way to begin to explain the division of fractions and simplifying the division.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®