Q&A #2991

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Teaching basic math calculations

View entire discussion
[<< prev]

From: Jeanne

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000060910:09:18
Subject: Re: Re: Teaching basic math calculations

Hi Rebecca, You can help your daughter by playing games with her that require your daughter to practice. Some suggestions: Dominoes Yahtzee Twenty-one (When I play with my nephew, sometimes ask him to choose a different target number. The goal could be 32, for example.) "dice Wars" (It's a game like the card game.) My nephew and I play it. He rolls a pair of dice and computes the sum. I roll the dice and compute the sum. Whoever has the greater sum wins. Sometimes we play "whoever has the smaller number wins. Variations of this game: Instead of dice which has dots on them, play with number cubes. Roll more than 2 dice/number cubes. Instead of addition, use multiplication or subtraction Hope this helps. -Jeanne

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®