From: Jeanne
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000060910:09:18
Subject: Re: Re: Teaching basic math calculations

Hi Rebecca,

You can help your daughter by playing games with her that
require your daughter to practice.

Some suggestions:

Dominoes

Yahtzee

Twenty-one  (When I play with my nephew, sometimes ask him to choose a
different target number.  The goal could be 32, for example.)

"dice Wars"  (It's a game like the card game.)
     My nephew and I play it.  He rolls a pair of dice and computes
the
     sum.  I roll the dice and compute the sum.  Whoever has the
greater sum
     wins.  Sometimes we play "whoever has the smaller number wins.

Variations of this game:
     Instead of dice which has dots on them, play with number cubes.
     Roll more than 2 dice/number cubes.
     Instead of addition, use multiplication or subtraction

Hope this helps.

 -Jeanne

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question