From: Rich

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006072318:46:43
Subject: strengthening up

Dear Mr. Feeling Weak, I have a thought; when you were doing all the undergraduate coursework, you say you were sharp and that may have very well been. my suspicion is this; when you were learning, you needed to "overlearn" the material in order for it to become longterm memory. It may be that you were moving too quickly through your studies that your skills decayed with the short lifespan of short-term memory. The only suggestions I have, would be to work from the ground up again, from a point where you have good confidence and from there your memory will re-ignite. As for you wife, having no real background, yet understanding it, might just be her innate reasoning talents rising to the occasion. You might have been sharp but did you cut through the math deeply enough the first time?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/