From: Brandon Roehl

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006010911:54:22
Subject: completion... or not.

Hello. Im not entirely sure if it is appropriate for me to be posting here, but this seems like a good place to get a diverse opinion of the core math system. I am curnently a student at Marysville Pillchuck High school, and i am working on a report to try and rid our district of core math. my reasoning behind this actually goes VERY contrary to what i have seen here for the most part. (every college bound student i have come into contact with speaks poorly of the "core" system and say it left them unprepaired for colege level mathamatics.) so the reason im speaking up is this. our school has a requierment of 2 years of math (not core) and these credits can be obtained out of the core system. dose this impact how well the system works? or dose our district just need to buckle down and teach it a with a little more vigor? (if you can e-mail me your reply that would be peachy) Thank you all very much Brandon Roehl student

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/