From: sue <penne@telus.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002120621:49:52
Subject: Do it in art

I do transformations in Art with my 4/5's.  We start with 3 smallish
black construction paper squares and three larger white papers to
mount on. The students cut the squares and glue the pieces down one at
a time. First we do translations, then rotations, then reflections.
Some of the resulting designs are really neat.  Sometimes I let them
cut their name into wavey stripes and "translate" or "rotate" the
pieces.  At the end of the unit we to a large piece starting with a
black rectangle. They must show all three transformations.  It's
really fun to see if you can figure out how the rectangle goes back
together.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®