From: Kristi <kshaw2@uwsuper.edu>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006121915:48:58
Subject: Re: schools

Hello,
I am just finishing my undergraduate degree in elementary education
with a minor in mathematics, I student teach this spring.  In the
state of Wisconsin I will be licensed to teach 1st-6th grade in any
content area/subject and will be able to teach 6th-8th grade math.  In
order to teach high school mathematics you will need to major in math
education and get your teaching certificate.  This will allow you to
teach 7th-12th grade mathematics.  I attended the University of
Wisconsin-Superior.  It is a well known school in this area and I feel
very well prepared to teach math and elementary school.  There are
many searches on the internet for you to find a school near you if you
wish to go to school in your area/state.  There are various
requirements from state to state so if I were you I would start with
the options for college on the internet in the area you wish to live
during college and go from there.  Good luck!  You are choosing a very
rewarding career.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®