Q&A #309

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: How do you become a math teacher?

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Kristi

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006121915:48:58
Subject: Re: schools

Hello, I am just finishing my undergraduate degree in elementary education with a minor in mathematics, I student teach this spring. In the state of Wisconsin I will be licensed to teach 1st-6th grade in any content area/subject and will be able to teach 6th-8th grade math. In order to teach high school mathematics you will need to major in math education and get your teaching certificate. This will allow you to teach 7th-12th grade mathematics. I attended the University of Wisconsin-Superior. It is a well known school in this area and I feel very well prepared to teach math and elementary school. There are many searches on the internet for you to find a school near you if you wish to go to school in your area/state. There are various requirements from state to state so if I were you I would start with the options for college on the internet in the area you wish to live during college and go from there. Good luck! You are choosing a very rewarding career.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®