From: Danny Rayner

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002030513:02:28
Subject: math teacher

Hi: To my knowledge, the requirements to become a math teacher are basically the same as the requirements for any other teacher. This may vary from state to state. I'm teaching a geometry class and consider math to be my strength. I've always felt math was my strength. I made sure the administrators that hired me were aware of this. Since math is considered by many to be one of the most important subjects in the schools, it's probably good to have much experience. I took lots of math classes in high school and college. Also, throughout my student teaching, I taught math longer than any other subject. This was obviously to my advantage. Hope this helps. Danny

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/