From: Danny Rayner <rayner@u98.k12.me.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002030512:02:28
Subject: math teacher

Hi:

To my knowledge, the requirements to become a math teacher are
basically the same as the requirements for any other teacher.  This
may vary from state to state.  I'm teaching a geometry class and
consider math to be my strength.  I've always felt math was my
strength.  I made sure the administrators that hired me were aware of
this.  Since math is considered by many to be one of the most
important subjects in the schools, it's probably good to have much
experience.  I took lots of math classes in high school and college.
Also, throughout my student teaching, I taught math longer than any
other subject.  This was obviously to my advantage.

Hope this helps.

Danny

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question