From: pat <malpass@warwick.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005051421:33:41
Subject: Your "Foolproof way to learn percentages" revised. Thank you!

THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR DAD'S TEACHING METHOD!  I HOPE YOU DON'T
MIND, I COPIED IT TO SHARE WITH MY STUDENTS.   I CHANGED IT JUST A
LITTLE AND THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE IT WITH YOU.

      FIGURING PERCENTAGES

The equal sign, “is”, will identify
Which of the 2 things you should try.

Numbers on the same side - multiply

20% of 55 is __
.20 x 55 = 11

And if not, you divide
    “IS” by “OF”! Oh,my!

11 is ____% of 55
11 divided by 55 = .20 or 20%

I am very impresed with your dad's ability to make difficult concepts
-  easy!

(IN MEMORY OF Raymond Giroud, who passed away at 87 on Oct. 27, 1997)

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/