From: Jamie <lee@eastchambers.isd.esc4>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1998113012:10:15
Subject: Re:  Teaching percents

I am a high school math teacher.  The best way I have found to teach
percents is with a simple formula that I teach the kids to use.
This formula is:
                            is            %
                        ---------  =  ----------
                           of           100

For example:  What percent of 11 is 55?

                          55             x
                          11           100

I hope this is helpful.  It seems to make percents a lot easier for my
high school students.

Jamie

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question