From: Loyd <Loydlin@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002031709:20:08
Subject: Re: Re: Value of two-column proofs

My 1950's class in two column proofs in geomentry is one of my fondest
math memories.  I always felt good about myself when I was able to
follow the reasoning that this method requires.

I am not familiar with the flow chart method, but I will say that I
have done a bit of programming in my life and I usually wrote the flow
charts after I wrote the program (if a chart was needed).  I knew a
lot of other people who programmed and did it the same way.

The same way, in English classes, I wrote the outline after the
report.  I guess my mind is just disorderly.  My mind is most active
when I am deep in the details and not in overview planning that a flow
chart requires.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®