Q&A #315

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Value of two-column proofs

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Danny Rayner

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002031815:21:37
Subject: Value of two-column proofs

I believe that two-column proofs should definately be a part of the focus of the curriculum, but only a part. I believe a lot depends on the students and where they are with discipline, logic, structure, etc. Once this is determined and understood, then a decision needs to be made as to how much and how long proofs are covered. I mention proofs as only a part of the curriculum because there are so many other important areas of geometry to explore.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®