From: Danny Rayner <drayner@u98.k12.me.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002031815:21:37
Subject: Value of two-column proofs

I believe that two-column proofs should definately be a part of the
focus of the curriculum, but only a part.  I believe a lot depends on
the students and where they are with discipline, logic, structure,
etc.  Once this is determined and understood, then a decision needs to
be made as to how much and how long proofs are covered.  I mention
proofs as only a part of the curriculum because there are so many
other important areas of geometry to explore.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/