From: Tracy Hilger <tracy_hilger@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1998092623:08:39
Subject: teaching probability

I always "bribe" my students while teaching probability and they love
it!  I always take the pound bags of M&M's and split them into zipper
bags (one for each student) making sure that there is a variety of
colors in each bag.  Then I ask them questions about probability and
odds.  For example, "What is the probability/odds that you will draw a
red M&M out of your bag?"  Even though most of the students answers
will be different, they really enjoy the activity and have a clear
understanding of probability and odds.  (The students only get to eat
the M&M's if they participate in the activity.)

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/