From: Tracy Hilger

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1998092623:08:39
Subject: teaching probability

I always "bribe" my students while teaching probability and they love it! I always take the pound bags of M&M's and split them into zipper bags (one for each student) making sure that there is a variety of colors in each bag. Then I ask them questions about probability and odds. For example, "What is the probability/odds that you will draw a red M&M out of your bag?" Even though most of the students answers will be different, they really enjoy the activity and have a clear understanding of probability and odds. (The students only get to eat the M&M's if they participate in the activity.)

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/