Q&A #3398

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Permutations and counting arrangements

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: r!chard tchen

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006070217:33:31
Subject: Re: Folks who destroy a good web site.

Hi Loyd, Thanks for your continued contributions to the Teachers' Lounge, and for flagging this recent wave of abuse. In our daily monitoring and sweeping of the spam these past several weeks, we've also gone on to analyze our access_log to identify the responsible IP addresses. Despite denying dozens of malicious machines from accessing our website, others have continued the onslaught; in fact, they have similarly attacked a wide range of Math Forum web page posting forms. So we've recently vetted several ideas to redress this ongoing annoyance, including the deployment of a "captcha" challenge-response system -- the kind commonly found on other sites. Thank you for your patience and vigilance, Loyd, as we resolve this problem. -- Richard Tchen The Math Forum @ Drexel 3210 Cherry Street Philadelphia, PA 19104-2713 tel1: (215)895-1080 tel2: (800)756-7823 facs: (215)895-2964 The Math Forum @ Drexel (http://mathforum.org/) is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel School of Education (http://drexel.edu/soe/).

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®