From: r!chard tchen <richard@mathforum.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006070217:33:31
Subject: Re: Folks who destroy a good web site.

Hi Loyd,

Thanks for your continued contributions to the Teachers' Lounge, and
for flagging this recent wave of abuse.

In our daily monitoring and sweeping of the spam these past several
weeks, we've also gone on to analyze our access_log to identify the
responsible IP addresses.

Despite denying dozens of malicious machines from accessing our
website, others have continued the onslaught; in fact, they have
similarly attacked a wide range of Math Forum web page posting forms.

So we've recently vetted several ideas to redress this ongoing
annoyance, including the deployment of a "captcha" challenge-response
system -- the kind commonly found on other sites.

Thank you for your patience and vigilance, Loyd, as we resolve this
problem.

--

Richard Tchen

The Math Forum @ Drexel
3210 Cherry Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2713

tel1: (215)895-1080
tel2: (800)756-7823
facs: (215)895-2964

The Math Forum @ Drexel (http://mathforum.org/)
is a research and educational enterprise of
the Drexel School of Education (http://drexel.edu/soe/).

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®