From: joyce nowacki <jnowacki@email.msn.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004052610:13:44
Subject: using test corrections to improve test scores

This is what my son's teacher decided to improve student's test scores
on a recent science test.  The test corrections are only offered to
students scoring 90 or below.  What would be a better way to handle
this?

"I do appreciate your point about students receiving higher scores
through corrections than those starting out with B's.  So, I have
decided along with Mrs. XXX and the science department to also allow
any student with less than a B+ (91%) to make corrections for a grade
not to exceed a B+ (91%).  That way, no child who originally had a
grade in the 83-90% range will end up with a lower score than someone
with an original grade below that range."

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/