From: Jean Cupp <jeanann@esc11.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1998120913:29:47
Subject: Re: Re: Re: curving test scores

Sometimes the test may be too difficult.  Rather than just add a
certain number of points, I develop a formula based on the high and
low raw scores.  Using a graphing calculator I set up a function and
then can easily see what grade corresponds with what test score.  I
use ordered pairs (low raw score, desired lowest grade) and (high raw
score, high desired grade).  From the two points using good old
algebra, I write the equation of the line and all the scores fall
between high and low desired.  But I agree with previous posts that
the teacher should determine when to curve

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/