From: Jean Cupp

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1998120914:29:47
Subject: Re: Re: Re: curving test scores

Sometimes the test may be too difficult. Rather than just add a certain number of points, I develop a formula based on the high and low raw scores. Using a graphing calculator I set up a function and then can easily see what grade corresponds with what test score. I use ordered pairs (low raw score, desired lowest grade) and (high raw score, high desired grade). From the two points using good old algebra, I write the equation of the line and all the scores fall between high and low desired. But I agree with previous posts that the teacher should determine when to curve

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/