Q&A #3844

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Computer software to help elementary students understand math basics

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Jackie

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000111614:40:08
Subject: Suggestions for software

There are many useful software programs appropriate for use in the elementary grades. The software my students use the most in my 2-3 classroom is the kind of program that allows them to create projects that integrate with what we are currently studying. Software like Kid Pix, Hyperstudio, Excel, Appleworks, and Word, are some examples of really useful software of this type. I also have a variety of application software that introduces and reinforces student learning in the different math content strands. If you would like to see examples of software matched to the different strands go to: http://westgresham.gresham.k12.or.us/jcooke/handouts.html to see a list I prepared for a workshop I taught. -Jackie , for the T2T service

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®