Q&A #3886

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Applications of Complex Numbers in these fields: Elecrical Engineers & Physics

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Suzanne A.

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000071214:20:14
Subject: Re: Complex Numbers and their connections to jobs

I read your other message and started looking for a response for you when this similar question arrived. The method I was using to find an answer for you was to go to: http://mathforum.com/grepform.html which is the Math Forum's Search Engine and I typed in "complex numbers real life." Amazingly it gave me some great responses and I think my favorite one is this one because it talks both about physics and engineering: http://mathforum.com/dr.math/problems/zakrzewski10.14.97.html I guess others have had similar questions in the past! You might try the search engine and type in the same keywords that I put because there are quite a few more responses that it will find for you that might be helpful to be one step ahead of your students. Let us know if you have to end up giving extra credit! -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®