Q&A #3893

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Dividing by zero

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Teh Oh Kian

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001012613:41:39
Subject: Re: Re: Zero divided by zero (indeterminate form).

It seems that I still have not obtained what I really want to know and my doubts are still doubts. Singular points with gradients 0/0 are VERY important in sketching curves (esp the biavlued functions). When curves have been sketched, we can see that there are three types of singular points: cusps, nodes and tacnodes. How do we we nature of each type of singular point from its gradient 0/0 and neighbourhood before the curve is sketched? Is there a special method to identify the type of singular points? Thanks.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®