From: Teh Oh Kian <mr_teh@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001012613:41:39
Subject: Re: Re: Zero divided by zero (indeterminate form).

It seems that I still have not obtained what I really want to know and
my doubts are still doubts. Singular points with gradients 0/0 are
VERY important in sketching curves (esp the biavlued functions).
When curves have been sketched, we can see that there are three types
of singular points: cusps, nodes and tacnodes. How do we we nature of
each type of singular point from its gradient 0/0 and neighbourhood
before the curve is sketched? Is there a special method to identify
the type of singular points?
Thanks.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question