Q&A #410

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Everyday Math

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Robin

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000081117:10:49
Subject: Teaching Chicago Math - having difficulty teaching children with poor skills and concepts.

I am having difficulty keeping up with the pace of the Chicago Math program and giving my kids the conceptual understandings needed to work through journal pages. Some don't have basic facts. Also kids are taking a statewide assessment in March based on problem solving - Performance based assessment. Chicago does not include any of these kinds of problems in their program. And... to make it even more interesting, I am a 23 yr. veteran, but this is my first year in fourth grade. Most of my experience is in K and 1. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®