Q&A #410

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Everyday Math

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Fireboat

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007052013:04:57
Subject: Everyday Math

I saw a YouTube video created by someone who is very critical of the Everyday Math series and the TERK math series. I wonder what your opinions of this video are. It seems to have lots of support among people in the YouTube community. Title: Math Education: An Inconvenient Turth Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr1qee-bTZI Personally, I agree with her. Having taught both Everyday Math and more traditional Math programs, I think kids seem much more prepared when they work with systematic algorithms and work towards mastery.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®