From: Fireboat <fireboat@notmyrealemail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007052013:04:57
Subject: Everyday Math

I saw a YouTube video created by someone who is very critical of the
Everyday Math series and the TERK math series.

I wonder what your opinions of this video are.  It seems to have lots
of support among people in the YouTube community.

Title:  Math Education: An Inconvenient Turth
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr1qee-bTZI

Personally, I agree with her.  Having taught both Everyday Math and
more traditional Math programs, I think kids seem much more prepared
when they work with systematic algorithms and work towards mastery.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/