From: Lindda Mros <sada@massed.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002020310:55:28
Subject: Re: Everyday mathematics

What results have you found about Everyday Math. My school system just
adopted this program this present school year. I absolutely hate it!
I've taught math in grade 3  for a number of years . I am not opposed
to new methods and am more than willing to try and I have but I have
had much more success in the past teaching math to my students. I feel
there is too much emphasis on the workbook and not enough hands
instruction. I don't see much problem solving either. It must be me
because everything I find written about this progrman is how wonderful
it is. Am I the only teacher that finds this program inadequate!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/