Q&A #410

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Everyday Math

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Kay

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000041411:39:20
Subject: Everyday math

I have sucessfully used Everyday Math for 4 years. My standarized scores went higher by a significant amount in the 70 to 90 percentiles. It is conceptually based. Many teachers are not comfortable with the program because it is not the way they were taught and all teachers need to be committed at all grades. It is difficult for me to teach the students to re-think when some strategies have not been presented in earilier grades. I understand the company is coming out with some type of drill book as sufficient practice was not included...even though my kids are able to use any math book and complete problems using strategies they learned. I'm sold on the program. Allow yourself time to learn new ways along with the kids.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®