From: Kay <KKrau447@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000041410:39:20
Subject: Everyday math

I have sucessfully used Everyday Math for 4 years.  My standarized
scores went higher by a significant amount in the 70 to 90
percentiles.
It is conceptually based.  Many teachers are not comfortable with the
program because it is not the way they were taught and all teachers
need to be committed at all grades.  It is difficult for me to teach
the students to re-think when some strategies have not been presented
in earilier grades.
I understand the company is coming out with some type of drill book as
sufficient practice was not included...even though my kids are able to
use any math book and complete problems using strategies they learned.
I'm sold on the program.  Allow yourself time to learn new ways along
with the kids.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®