From: Chris <cmpalmer2@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005100401:15:46
Subject: Re: double division - a method for doing division

Interesting algorithm!  Although I don't expect that I ever would have
written out such an algorithm, I actually use a similar mental
process, at times.  Like Dr. Richard Cooper's algorithms, I wonder if
your "double-division" would be helpful for some students with
learning differences?  As you mentioned, there is no guess-and-check
step.  Rather there is a prescribed step-by-step process that an L.D.
youngster might find easier to learn and follow.  I think that would
be worth investigating.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®