From: Louise <Minny_fi"yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003040609:54:35
Subject: Capacity-volume

Hello!!
I'm a student teacher from Ireland, and I got a bit confused when I
read some of the e-mails listed, concerning capacity and volume! I
always thought volume and capacity were two different things; that
volume was the area within a 3D object, but the capacity was the area
that was taken up by another material within the volume!! (That sounds
very confusing!!)
Say for example a coca cola bottle holds 300ml of coca cola, that's
the capacity. But there's still a small air gap at the top of the
bottle!!!-That little bit of air, and the coke equals the volume;
which is the ENTIRE area within a 3D object!!! Phew!
I'm probably wrong, in which case you can go ahead and let me know!!
But that's always the impression I had!
Sorry if I've confused anyone!!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question