From: Loyd <Loydlin@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006030108:53:17
Subject: Re: Radicals

On 2006022821:01:50, wk wrote:

>im having trouble with a couple problems and my teacher is not very
>helpful. she says we went over this last week you should know it.
well
>i failed that test. i would like to see who to do these problem
>
>If possible i need this by 9:30pm feb 28
>

>sqrt 1/3
>

>2/sqrt5
>
>2sqrt9
>
>3/4  sqrt64
>
>please and thank you

Better late than never.

Ignore my first message.  I type sqrt2 vice sqrt3 in the first
problem.

1. sqrt(1/3)=sqrt1/sqrt3 Rationalize by multiplying numerator and
denomator by sqrt3
which gives sqrt3/3

2.  Rationalize again by multiplying numerator and denomator by sqrt5
which gives 2sqrt5/5.

3. 9 is a perfect square and 3 is sqrt of 9; so ans is 6sqrt3.

4. sqrt of 64 is 8.  So, we have (24/4)sqrt8=6sqrt8

Hope this help.  Look up in your book "rationalize." There should be
several examples in your book.  Also, suggest you memorize the square
roots of 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 49, 64, 81, 100, 121, 144, 169, etc up to
400.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®