From: Chris
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002070318:38:47
Subject: Re: 6th grade usage

Go to singaporemath.com.  This is a company in the U.S. that sells
singapore math books based on Chinese, Japanese, Asian methods.  The
books are not at all expensive.  The texts plus workbooks for one year
will only cost you about $27.00 plus taxes.  That's a steal compared
to an American math text.  You will find a placement tests (I very
much doubt American 6th graders can handle 6th grade singapore math)
and samples of books from every grade level.  Just click on Primary
Mathematics on the home page.  I highly recommend these books,
however, you might end up using 4rth grade for American 6th graders.
The other problem is that the scope and sequence is different from
American math programs, therefore your kids might not be prepared for
standardized tests.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®