Q&A #4195

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Singapore math method

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Chris

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002070318:38:47
Subject: Re: 6th grade usage

Go to singaporemath.com. This is a company in the U.S. that sells singapore math books based on Chinese, Japanese, Asian methods. The books are not at all expensive. The texts plus workbooks for one year will only cost you about $27.00 plus taxes. That's a steal compared to an American math text. You will find a placement tests (I very much doubt American 6th graders can handle 6th grade singapore math) and samples of books from every grade level. Just click on Primary Mathematics on the home page. I highly recommend these books, however, you might end up using 4rth grade for American 6th graders. The other problem is that the scope and sequence is different from American math programs, therefore your kids might not be prepared for standardized tests.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®