From: r!chard tchen <richard@mathforum.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005082422:15:30
Subject: Re: divisibility -6th Gr math

On 2005082419:22:58, Rita Pena wrote:
>Let me ask you guys this, why bother providing this web site, and
>even have a section to "ask a question" and when you hit enter it
>brings you to 20 million links except the one that we need & no where
>did we find the answer to a "simple" question, I mean really why
>bother????
>
>Question we were trying to find was: what is the divisibility Rule??

Hi Rita,

If you haven't already, check out Ask Dr. Math, the Forum's
ask-an-expert service for math students and their teachers. This
sister service of Teacher2Teacher offers a searchable archive of
questions and answers, plus the Frequently Asked Question

Divisibility rules: How can you tell whether a number is divisible by
another number (leaving no remainder) without actually doing the
division? Why do 'divisibility rules' work?
   http://mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/faq.divisibility.html

Yours,

- Richard Tchen

The Math Forum