Q&A #4229

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Real Physics Data

View entire discussion
[<< prev]

From: M Goldstein

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006080216:31:05
Subject: Physics with a PC

The skill I developed as physics student (years ago) was "how to think". Working the physics problems at the end of the chapters was my exercise. Today, students have an added bonus to enhance their thinking skills - THE PC. The PC for science majors can be more than a super typewriter, dictionary or encyclopedia if they learn how to write programs. Programming the PC is a thinking exercise. The book "PHYSICS FOIBLES" contains more than sixty programs (with comments) that examines Entropy, Heisenberg Uncertainty, Godel Incompleteness and Chaos Theory. Although the programs are written in the Visual Basic language they are adequately commented so that one may clone them (as an exercise) in FORTRAN, C, C++ or any other languages of their choice. For further information on the book click on: http://physicsfoibles.com http://www.trafford.com/robots/03-0139.html

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®