From: Steph

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000080217:10:28
Subject: money math touch point system or program

I am a sp. ed. teacher. I am working on my Master's project. I am looking for research in teaching methods for teaching money skills to mentally retarded or learning disabled children. Many students have trouble counting coins due to the problem of adding one's, five's and twenty-five's. I found one article by Stith and Fishbein that I can use but I am having trouble finding more. I know of the Touch Point Math and another program using touch points for money by rebecca Levy but I can't find much more. I don't know where to look. Thank you. S. Lane

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/