From: Lee <superturtle99@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002050811:55:47
Subject: Racist Tendencies to Discredit Non-European Practices

You go to great strives to discredit Vedic mathematics and such. Is
there a reason for your discord? Do you just feel that there is no
place in mathematics for a sense of history? I find it disturbing when
an individual tends to only acknowledge the works of a very
Euro-centric and Caucasian nature. If this is not the case, then I
apologise; however, if your distaste for Vedic or other early forms of
mathematics stems from a dislike of non-"White" practices, then I do
hope you can overcome those racist and prejudiced tendencies. Not
everything in civilisation stemmed from the Greeks and Romans and it
is important to acknowledge other cultures as well.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/