From: Krista Ruffolo

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005080810:16:28
Subject: rational trigonometry

I attended a lecture last month at Trent University about a new theory called rational trigonometry that I've been thinking alot about since. It claims to be revolutionary in that it dispenses with all the usual complicated trig functions and relations and establishes a trig based entirely on elementary arithmetic and algebra. I must say, that after the lecture, I was impressed and fascinated. It seemed like such an elegant approach to trig...I have since visited the lecturing professor's website and downloaded the first few chapters of his new book on the subject and am still as intrigued as ever. (website http://wildegg.com) Has anyone else heard of this new theory, and if so... what are your thoughts on it?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/