Q&A #4341

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Trigonometry supplement

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Krista Ruffolo <krista.ruffolo@sympatico.ca>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005080810:16:28
Subject: rational trigonometry

I attended a lecture last month at Trent University about a new theory
called rational trigonometry that I've been thinking alot about since.
It claims to be revolutionary in that it dispenses with all the usual
complicated trig functions and relations and establishes a trig based
entirely on elementary arithmetic and algebra. I must say, that after
the lecture, I was impressed and fascinated. It seemed like such an
elegant approach to trig...I have since visited the lecturing
professor's website and downloaded the first few chapters of his new
book on the subject and am still as intrigued as ever. (website

Has anyone else heard of this new theory, and if so... what are your
thoughts on it?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®