From: Rick Evans <ers13@cvip.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001092212:01:57
Subject: Posters made by kids

Here are a couple of suggestions.  I teach high school students and
when we cover a graphing topic I have them make posters on that topic.
I get large graph paper (2 feet by 3 feet, with one inch squares) and
they draw the graph and put important info about the graph on their
poster.  Then I let them decorate the poster for their group.  I tell
them that I cannot hang all of them so I will have to pick the very
best ones to hang in the class.  BY the end of the year you can have
alot of posters.
Another I idea is the my Wall of Fame and Wall-a-bies (Wall of B's).
I take colored 3x5 cards and put kids names on them and their grade
that got A's or B's on my tests.  I have two walls in which I put
these on and make it look like a brick wall by alternating colors.
The names stay up all year and the brick wall gets bigger and bigger.
It is great and I have people ask each year where is your wall at the
beginning of the year.   The kids love it too, and if I am alittle
late in putting up names they ask me where is their name.  Now I post
these outside my classroom and every now and then they get vandalized
but I put them right back up.  The kids protect it most of the time
and people now look for it each year.  But this could be done inside a
class just as well.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®