From: Rick Evans

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001092213:01:57
Subject: Posters made by kids

Here are a couple of suggestions. I teach high school students and when we cover a graphing topic I have them make posters on that topic. I get large graph paper (2 feet by 3 feet, with one inch squares) and they draw the graph and put important info about the graph on their poster. Then I let them decorate the poster for their group. I tell them that I cannot hang all of them so I will have to pick the very best ones to hang in the class. BY the end of the year you can have alot of posters. Another I idea is the my Wall of Fame and Wall-a-bies (Wall of B's). I take colored 3x5 cards and put kids names on them and their grade that got A's or B's on my tests. I have two walls in which I put these on and make it look like a brick wall by alternating colors. The names stay up all year and the brick wall gets bigger and bigger. It is great and I have people ask each year where is your wall at the beginning of the year. The kids love it too, and if I am alittle late in putting up names they ask me where is their name. Now I post these outside my classroom and every now and then they get vandalized but I put them right back up. The kids protect it most of the time and people now look for it each year. But this could be done inside a class just as well.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/