From: Earlene <emhines@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002082318:34:55
Subject: Geometry class decorations

At a community center, I saw a great decoration that would look superb
in a Geometry clasroom.  They took primary colored poster board,
yellow, blue, red, and green I believe, or maybe black, (the theme was
the Olympics), and they cut out a circle, a triangle, a square, and
one other shape that I cannot remember, and each one was as large as
possible, so they must have maximized each piece of posterboard.  They
arranged the shapes high on the wall with each one overlapping the
other by a few inches, and the effect was striking. It looked great on
a big empty wall.

Some of the posters I use that give my room an art gallery effect are
magic eye posters and Escher drawings that were actually from a
calendar that one of my students gave me.  I mounted them on black
posterboard for a framed or matted appearance and laminated them, and
so I have a dozen "free" posters.  I hung them in three groups of four
with a contrived frame around each group, so it looks like 3
collections.

Another idea is to get at a garage sale or somewhere, a little pair of
overalls, such as OSHKOSH, size 12 months, and hang them on a bulletin
board with the message: "You can be an OVERALL success in ________"
(you fill in the blank).  I got this idea from a business teacher.

Good luck!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®