Q&A #4508

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Decorating my classroom

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Earlene

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002082319:34:55
Subject: Geometry class decorations

At a community center, I saw a great decoration that would look superb in a Geometry clasroom. They took primary colored poster board, yellow, blue, red, and green I believe, or maybe black, (the theme was the Olympics), and they cut out a circle, a triangle, a square, and one other shape that I cannot remember, and each one was as large as possible, so they must have maximized each piece of posterboard. They arranged the shapes high on the wall with each one overlapping the other by a few inches, and the effect was striking. It looked great on a big empty wall. Some of the posters I use that give my room an art gallery effect are magic eye posters and Escher drawings that were actually from a calendar that one of my students gave me. I mounted them on black posterboard for a framed or matted appearance and laminated them, and so I have a dozen "free" posters. I hung them in three groups of four with a contrived frame around each group, so it looks like 3 collections. Another idea is to get at a garage sale or somewhere, a little pair of overalls, such as OSHKOSH, size 12 months, and hang them on a bulletin board with the message: "You can be an OVERALL success in ________" (you fill in the blank). I got this idea from a business teacher. Good luck!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®