Q&A #4508

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Decorating my classroom

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Rik

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001100719:44:24
Subject: Re: Poster Project

Whenever I do poster-type projects the majority of the evaluation is done by the students. All the posters are displayed in the room and I use one or more of the following assessment methods. 1) Each student is assigned a group of 4 posters to grade out of 10 and told they must assign a total of exactly 32 (or 30) marks. As well as the mark they must include at least one positive statement about the poster and only one suggestion for improvement. 2) Students are told to pick their top 5 (or top 3 if it is a small class) but they do not have to rank them first, second, etc. Each student is then assigned 5 posters to make positive comments and only one negative comment about. 3) I have a group of students from a different class stand in the middle of the room and without examining the content of the poster, pick their top 5 (and maybe bottom 5) based solely on impact and presentation. 4) The students grade each poster as top third of the class, middle third of the class, or bottom third. Each student then has to rank their own poster as top third, middle third or bottom third. They have to state two (or three) things they did well on their poster and two (or three) ways they could improve their work. Rik

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®