Q&A #4508

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Decorating my classroom

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Karen

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001092420:03:09
Subject: Re: Decorating my new classroom

Laura, while working in a school doing clinical work I have observed a couple of neat ideas. 1.) A teacher created a corner of the room with a work space lighted with a soft lamp on top of a bookshelf with a work area and a reading area on the floor with bean bag chairs, this teacher also used curtains on the windows that gave the room a homey feeling. The lamp was a soft comfortable touch. 2.) The other room I was thinking about was a friends room where she created a treehouse in her room where the students would climb stairs up to. She placed manipulatives and reading material underneath the treehouse and a work station upstairs. The students loved it.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®