Q&A #4508

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Decorating my classroom

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Karen <KMKZone@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001092420:03:09
Subject: Re: Decorating my new classroom

Laura, while working in a school doing clinical work I have observed a
couple of neat ideas.  1.) A teacher created a corner of the room with
a work space lighted with a soft lamp on top of a bookshelf with a
work area and a reading area on the floor with bean bag chairs,  this
teacher also used curtains on the windows that gave the room a homey
feeling.  The lamp was a soft comfortable touch. 2.) The other room I
was thinking about was a friends room where she created a treehouse in
her room where the students would climb stairs up to.  She placed
manipulatives and reading material underneath the treehouse and a work
station upstairs.  The students loved it.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®