From: Angela Ponzio <DantePonz@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001021111:18:46
Subject: Re: Multi-age classoom teaching

I recently began teaching a muti-age/bilingual/ESl classroom. I have
17 2nd and 17 3rd graders. I love them to pieces, but sometimes I feel
a little overwhelmed, and am afraid I am not doing the best job. My
question is about 2nd graders learning the 3rd grade math curriculum.
I have about 12 second graders who just caught on to what the third
graders are doing, so much to the point of pure being bored with their
own curriculum. I don't want them to be bored, and I feel that
somehow, someway, they wree gently nudged and scaffolded into learning
more advanced material. Seeing that math build upon the prior
knowledge, will I be hurting their education if I teach them third
grade curriculum? Thanks so much. I could use some expertise. Angela

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/