Q&A #4747

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Multi-age classroom teaching

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Angela Ponzio

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001021112:18:46
Subject: Re: Multi-age classoom teaching

I recently began teaching a muti-age/bilingual/ESl classroom. I have 17 2nd and 17 3rd graders. I love them to pieces, but sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed, and am afraid I am not doing the best job. My question is about 2nd graders learning the 3rd grade math curriculum. I have about 12 second graders who just caught on to what the third graders are doing, so much to the point of pure being bored with their own curriculum. I don't want them to be bored, and I feel that somehow, someway, they wree gently nudged and scaffolded into learning more advanced material. Seeing that math build upon the prior knowledge, will I be hurting their education if I teach them third grade curriculum? Thanks so much. I could use some expertise. Angela

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®