From: Henry <hankerren2@gmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2013021216:09:38
Subject: Re: what the?

Respectfully: You preset yourself as Knuckle-Head.

Rote,  do it THIS way," No Other way because I said so" is a major
reason why a majority of students and even adults have math-phobia and
describe themselves as "bad at math."

Is there only one way to walk from point A to point B on a grid street
pattern? Of course not.
And , likewise, there is no ONE way to subtract, play a piano, or cook
a potato.

Open your tightly shut mind and breath the fresh air --it's still out
there if you come out of your mental cave - and let yourself
re-oxygenate. "NICK's Way" has given thousands of students an
ALTERNATE way to accomplish, and placed "borrowing" in perspective as
just one way, one of many. It works for some, as does Nick's.
I know because I used it, taught it and saw many children enjoy the
experience. Yes, "enjoy" arithmetic," not "I hate math."

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/