From: Henry

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2013021217:09:46
Subject: Re: what the?

Respectfully: You preset yourself as Knuckle-Head. Rote, do it THIS way," No Other way because I said so" is a major reason why a majority of students and even adults have math-phobia and describe themselves as "bad at math." Is there only one way to walk from point A to point B on a grid street pattern? Of course not. And , likewise, there is no ONE way to subtract, play a piano, or cook a potato. Open your tightly shut mind and breath the fresh air --it's still out there if you come out of your mental cave - and let yourself re-oxygenate. "NICK's Way" has given thousands of students an ALTERNATE way to accomplish, and placed "borrowing" in perspective as just one way, one of many. It works for some, as does Nick's. I know because I used it, taught it and saw many children enjoy the experience. Yes, "enjoy" arithmetic," not "I hate math."

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/