Q&A #4875

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Pumpkin Math

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: terry

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001101816:45:53
Subject: pumpkin math

I have my second grade students estimate the circumference of a pumpkin by cutting a piece of string the length of the circumference. Then we try each piece of string and graph them according to too long, too short, or just right. We also estimate how many seeds each of our pumpkins will hold. We then cut, pull out and count seeing who came the closest. Estimating weight is also another fun activity. We also do group cooking with pumpkins which uses measurement and kitchen skills. I think these activities could be adapted to fit 6th grade.Hope that helps.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®