From: terry
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001101815:45:53
Subject: pumpkin math

	I have my second grade students estimate the circumference of a
pumpkin by cutting a piece of string the length of the circumference.
Then we try each piece of string and graph them according to too long,
too short, or just right.  We also estimate how many seeds each of our
pumpkins will hold.  We then cut, pull out and count seeing who came
the closest.  Estimating weight is also another fun activity. We also
do group cooking with pumpkins which uses measurement and kitchen
skills.  I think these activities could be adapted to fit 6th
grade.Hope that helps.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®