From: cookie <rcooke@hardin.k12.ky.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1999011320:36:25
Subject: Teaching multiplication

	Learning the multiplication tables can also be sung to an already
known tune.  For example, the six tables are fun to sing to the tune
of "Row, Row Your Boat."  My students have fun putting the different
tables to different tunes.  It is like a challenge.  Then we try to
sing them at a more rapid tempo.

0         6     12                  18                 24
30
Row   row  row your      boat  gently     down the    stream

Substitute the products for the words.  It is actually fun.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/