Q&A #491

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Teaching multiplication

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: cookie

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1999011321:36:25
Subject: Teaching multiplication

Learning the multiplication tables can also be sung to an already known tune. For example, the six tables are fun to sing to the tune of "Row, Row Your Boat." My students have fun putting the different tables to different tunes. It is like a challenge. Then we try to sing them at a more rapid tempo. 0 6 12 18 24 30 Row row row your boat gently down the stream Substitute the products for the words. It is actually fun.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®