From: Claudia Lewis <clewis@buckeye.k12.ca.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005120616:16:47
Subject: Mastering Multiplication facts

I went to a math seminar and was told by a middle school teacher that
he has had great success with his formula for learning the
multiplication facts.  Basically he has his students say their facts
15 minutes each day OUT LOUD for 21 days in a row.  I sent home a
contract, a multiplication chart, and a calendar with my fourth grades
students who have not mastered their facts.  I have to say those
students who took the contract seriously now know their facts.  I
encouraged them to bring the table in the car, put one near their
pillow, one in the bathroom and say them over and over.  I was excited
to tell them in 21 days they would find success!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/