From: Claudia Lewis

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005120617:16:47
Subject: Mastering Multiplication facts

I went to a math seminar and was told by a middle school teacher that he has had great success with his formula for learning the multiplication facts. Basically he has his students say their facts 15 minutes each day OUT LOUD for 21 days in a row. I sent home a contract, a multiplication chart, and a calendar with my fourth grades students who have not mastered their facts. I have to say those students who took the contract seriously now know their facts. I encouraged them to bring the table in the car, put one near their pillow, one in the bathroom and say them over and over. I was excited to tell them in 21 days they would find success!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/