Q&A #494

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Multiplication tables

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Katie

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2012120415:46:59
Subject: Multiplcation Tables

Recently in my class we have been discussing how to find patterns in the multiplication table. This has helped my students a lot because once they identify the patterns they can better understand the math facts. I feel that patterns are a lot more relatable to the students than the act of simply memorizing facts. Some patterns they have identified so far include that the 9s facts goes up by ones in the one category. They also were able to recognize that the 3s facts is even, odd, even, odd. I think that learning these patterns really engaged my students and allowed them to better understand the math they are learning. I think these are important conversations to have with children when teaching them about math.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®