From: Suzy Rolman <srolman@juno.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1999012401:08:33
Subject: Re: Rounding numbers

I teach 4th grade.  The teacher next door to me has come up with a
poem on rounding.  It works on rounding any digit.  All of the 4th
grade uses it and never have any problems with it.  Have them
underline the digit in the tens place (or whichever place you are
working with).  The poem goes like this:  On the left I stay the same.
On the right zero's my name.  Do I go up?  I must decide.  Is my
neighbor from 5 to 9?  After learning this poem, we have rounded
numbers up to the millions place.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®