From: Fern Weingast

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003122809:54:25
Subject: How to motivate students to do the work

I teach 8th grade math in Hicksville Long Island.All of the math
teachers in the school are equally frustrated that the kids are not
doing the work. They have all tried positive reinforcement, and
everything imaginable to motivate these students. It doesn't seem to
matter if I stand on my head! I am in the middle of grading tests and
can barely finish the results are so poor. How do you refrain from
throwing your hands up and just not caring anymore?
Frustrated,
FSW

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question