From: Beverly Guy <GBJGUY@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002031611:21:21
Subject: Teach Algebra at the middle school level

I am a second year 7th grade math teacher usint the Connected
Mathematics curriculum. I strongly affirm the need for our students to
be exposed to algebraic reasoning in elementary school and therefore
prepared to the expanded exposure provided in middle school. We need
not teach formulas and x and y concepts but should apply real life
issues that our students can tangibly relate to. The CMP offers this
kind of exposure.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®