From: Beverly Guy

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002031612:21:21
Subject: Teach Algebra at the middle school level

I am a second year 7th grade math teacher usint the Connected Mathematics curriculum. I strongly affirm the need for our students to be exposed to algebraic reasoning in elementary school and therefore prepared to the expanded exposure provided in middle school. We need not teach formulas and x and y concepts but should apply real life issues that our students can tangibly relate to. The CMP offers this kind of exposure.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/