Q&A #5103

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Grading policy

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: Claudia

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000120515:26:42
Subject: A simple suggestion

I use a very simple method for figuring out grades. Each grading period, when I grade any paper, homework, daily work, test, etc.... I assign a grade as a fraction. For example if a student takes a 20 point quiz and earns 17 points, I write 17/20. In my roll book, I record 17 and at the bottom of the column, I put the twenty. At the end of the grading period, I add up all the numerators and divide by the sum of all the denominators, multiply by 100 and that gives me the grade. Hope this helps! -Claudia, for the T2T service

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®