From: liz <lzdwyer@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000121623:37:03
Subject: Homework Grading Policy

	 I teach 5th grade math and I don't grade homework with percentages
as secondary teachers would .  I do have a system of checking that it
is done.
           I have a blank grid sheet clipped to a clip board at the
front of the room. When class begins the students have a warm up
activity that should take a few minutes to complete.  That is when I
run to each table and check off that a homework is completed.  The
grid sheet is blank so I can write names in according to their tables.
This changes with each unit of study and I keep the old grid sheet to
look back on.
       I simplly check off that it is done and not that it is correct.
oN the days that we gover the problems the studnet self chekc the work
with green pens.  I tell my parents about the green pens so they can
see if their child is checking their own homework.
    The clip board and the grid sheet listed by seat makes the
checking go quickly but still maintains that students complete
homework each night.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®